Bear Box at Clover Creek South (SC01)
Generated on 15 Apr 2014 - see revision history - please send updates to the webmaster
Detail Map of waypoint SC01
in Silliman Crest:
(scroll down for directions, waypoints, and area map)
- SC01 is a standard box, at about 8400 feet,
in the GPS route SILLIMAN CREST.
- Note: Clover Creek splits into a West and East fork just to the west of
Cahoon Gap on the Twin Lakes / JO Pass / Silliman Pass Trail.
The trail drops down to the East Fork of Clover Creek just north
of Cahoon Gap, and the two Clover Creek bear boxes are about
0.2 miles apart on two branches of the East Fork.
- Directions from Steve Eckert, with GPS waypoint, June 2002:
The southern box is about 100' north of the first major stream
crossing north of Cahoon Gap (the southern branch of the east
fork of Clover Creek), and about 30' northeast of the trail.
Camping here is not very good, but there may be better water
at this box (compared to Clover Creek North) late in the season.
- Directions from Hal Murray, Sep 1999:
One box right on the trail, at the creek 1/4 mile or so south of the
junction of the trail to Twin Lakes and the trail to JO Pass.
- Directions from Mineral King ranger info sheet, dated 1991:
One box on the north side of the first crossing of Clover Creek
by the Twin Lakes Trail.
- SC01 coordinates: (see waypoint and interactive map links above)
(lat,lon) = (36.6502900, -118.7371000) in decimal degrees, NAD83.
(zone,east,north) = (11S, 344805.0, 4057290.0) in decimal meters, NAD27.
- Scroll down for a regional map of the entire Silliman Crest region.
Map exported from TOPO! software, used with permission.