Bear Box at Clover Creek North (SC02)
Generated on 30 Nov 2015 - see revision history - please send updates to the webmaster
Detail Map of waypoint SC02
in Silliman Crest:
(scroll down for directions, waypoints, and area map)
- SC02 is a standard box, at about 8400 feet,
in the GPS route SILLIMAN CREST.
- Note: Clover Creek splits into a West and East fork just to the west of
Cahoon Gap on the Twin Lakes / JO Pass / Silliman Pass Trail.
The trail drops down to the East Fork of Clover Creek just north
of Cahoon Gap, and the two Clover Creek bear boxes are about
0.2 miles apart on two branches of the East Fork.
- Directions from Steve Eckert, with GPS waypoint, June 2002:
The northern box is near the intersection where the trail from
Cahoon Gap splits for Twin Lakes (Silliman Pass) or JO Pass. The
box is about 30' southeast of the trail (opposite the stream which
does not show on the topo map) and about 50' south of the sign at
the trail junction. It is partially hidden behind freshly fallen
large trees, but good campsites and fire rings abound in this area.
- Directions from Mineral King ranger info sheet, dated 1991:
One box at the junction of the Twin Lakes Trail and the JO Pass Trail.
- SC02 coordinates: (see waypoint and interactive map links above)
(lat,lon) = (36.6532400, -118.7366200) in decimal degrees, NAD83.
(zone,east,north) = (11S, 344854.0, 4057615.0) in decimal meters, NAD27.
- Scroll down for a regional map of the entire Silliman Crest region.
Map exported from TOPO! software, used with permission.