California Peaks (starting with Y)
Shortened from long names for fuzzy matching. Generated on 10 Mar 2014
Jump to the Climber.Org State Peaks page for other states.
See the Sierra
and Desert Peaks database for click maps, ratings, waypoints, etc.
California peaks starting with
On the California Peaks page,
1993 peaks above 5690 feet are marked as 'USGS peak'.
Peaks from non-USGS sources are also included, and they may be lower altitude.
(The USGS elevation range was chosen to present no more than 2000 peaks from that source.)
Peaks are listed alphabetically below, and do not include
prefixes or suffixes like North/South, Peak, Mt, Knob, etc. For example,
you can look up "Mt Rose" as simply "rose",
and "Pilot Knob" as "pilot". Coordinates from the USGS
use North American Datum 1927 (NAD27) latitude and longitude coordinates,
in decimal degrees. For comparison, coordinates from the Sierra Peaks database
are given in North American Datum 1983 (NAD83). Both sets of coordinates are
shown as links to Google Maps.
Beware the online map links from the USGS pages, because they
show somewhat rough locations - the peaks are NEAR the marked point, but other
databases (like the Sierra Peaks
and Desert Peaks list) are more accurate.
Follow links to the Climber.Org Trip Reports for
other people's experience, and remember to file your own report!
Follow the links to Climber.Org Sierra Peaks
or Climber.Org Desert Peaks
entries (supersets of Sierra Club peak lists)
if you want info including climbing difficulty,
online GIF maps showing all peaks in a region (courtesy of
TOPO!), and UTM coordinates.
Also from these peaks pages you can click on the coordinates to view
a scalable online map from Google Maps,
and pictures of many peaks from Ron Karpel.
Follow the links to Vulgarian Ramblers
entries if you want info including climbing difficulty,
prominence, guidebook pages, and coordinates for CA 13ers.
'ycatapom' matches these CA Peaks entries
'yellow' matches these CA Peaks entries
'yellowdog' matches these CA Peaks entries
'yellowjacket' matches these CA Peaks entries
'yollabolly' matches these CA Peaks entries
'yosemite' matches these CA Peaks entries
'young' matches these CA Peaks entries
- Sierra Peak Young Mt (13176 ft, Mount Whitney quad, NAD83 36.5811/-118.3274)
- SPS Peaks List Young Mt (13176 ft, class 1, Peak 5.1 in the Whitney To Williamson region, NAD83 36.5811/-118.3274)
- Trip Report for Mt Young (from 1997, by Craig Clarence)
- Trip Report for Mt Young (from 1998, by Jim Ramaker)
- Trip Report for Mt Young (from 1998, by Steve Eckert)
- USGS peak Mount Young (13156 ft, Mount Whitney quad, in Tulare county, NAD27 36.5810/-118.3273)
- USGS peak Youngs Peak (6211 ft, Broken Rib Mountain quad, in Del Norte county, NAD27 41.8907/-123.6406)
- USGS peak Youngs Peak (6332 ft, Youngs Peak quad, in Trinity county, NAD27 41.1560/-123.3414)
- VRMC's passing CA 13er Mt. Young (official name)
Other Useful Links:
- Return to the climber.org home page at http://Climber.Org/
- The main Climber.Org State Peaks page, for AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, UT, WA, and WY
- The Climber.Org Sierra Peaks database (click map, ratings, waypoints, registers, etc)
- The Climber.Org Desert Peaks database (click map, ratings, waypoints, registers, etc)
- Ron Karpel's peak picture database (with links back into the Climber.Org data)
- The Vulgarian Ramblers CA 13er database (with links back into the Climber.Org data)
- Read online Climber.Org Trip Reports, for beta from other climbers
- The USGS gnis peak database for California (alternate names, watershed, etc)
- Send feedback to the webmaster