Bear Box at Emerald Lake East (LT02)
Generated on 30 Nov 2015 - see revision history - please send updates to the webmaster
Detail Map of waypoint LT02
in Lodgepole to Tableland:
(scroll down for directions, waypoints, and area map)
- LT02 is a standard box, at about 9200 feet,
in the GPS route LODGEPOLE TABLE.
- Note: Either the 7.5 topo is off a bit, or the GPS coordinates
are off a bit: When plotted on the map, this waypoint is
on the west side of the stream, but in the field it was
on the east side of the stream.
- Directions from Steve Eckert, with GPS waypoint, July 2002:
As the trail from Lodgepole approaches Emerald Lake, there
is a sign pointing you toward a 2-story rock-and-mortar solar
toilet overlooking the outlet stream. Shortly after passing
that structure, the trail crosses the outlet stream and comes
to an informational sign showing numbered campsites and bear
box locations. This isn't really wilderness! One box 100'
directly up-canyon (south-southeast) of the sign. The box is
barely visible from the trail, among large fallen trees.
- Directions from Mineral King ranger info sheet, dated 1991:
Two boxes between the trail and the shore of Emerald Lake.
- LT02 coordinates: (see waypoint and interactive map links above)
(lat,lon) = (36.5990700, -118.6769300) in decimal degrees, NAD83.
(zone,east,north) = (11S, 350085.0, 4051511.0) in decimal meters, NAD27.
- Scroll down for a regional map of the entire Lodgepole to Tableland region.
Map exported from TOPO! software, used with permission.